What Does Indapamide Do?
The typical starting dose for high blood pressure treatment is one tablet of indapamide 1.25 mg per day. For edema, the starting dose is one tablet of indapamide 2.5 mg per day
Your healthcare provider may adjust your dose depending on how you respond to the medication. Indapamide max dose is typically no more than 5 mg per day.
Indapamide Side Effects
Common Side Effects
These side effects are mild and usually short-lived as the body adjusts to the medication. If any of the following side effect become bothersome or last more than a few days speak to your pharmacist or healthcare provider:
- Mild skin rash
Serious Side Effects
These side effects are rare but could indicate serious health complications. Speak to your healthcare provider immediately if you experience any of the following:
- Yellowing of eyes or skin
- Severe stomach pain, fever, diarrhea, and indigestion
- Irregular heartbeats (arrhythmia)
- Allergic reaction (itching/rash, difficulty breathing, swelling in face/throat)
Some medications are known to affect the way indapamide works or increase your chance of side effects. Speak to your healthcare provider about any current medications and new medications you may begin taking while on indapamide.
Some medications that may interact with indapamide are:
- Other medications that treat high blood pressure or have the side effect of low blood pressure
- Medications that cause hypokalemia (low potassium)
- Medications that treat irregular heartbeats or have the side effect of an irregular heart rhythm
- NSAIDs (e.g., ibuprofen, naproxen)
- Calcium supplements
Indapamide and Alcohol
Alcohol can interact with indapamide to increase drowsiness and effect reflexes and judgement. Alcohol also effects your blood pressure and heavy drinking can lead to heightened blood pressure.
If you choose to drink, be sure to not exceed the daily recommended limit of 1 unit/day for women and 2 units/day for men.
The current average indapamide price is $15.25 for a 1-month supply of 1.25 mg tablets.
Get Indapamide For Less at Marley Drug
Marley Drug offers indapamide for as little as $4.94/month with no insurance required. Plus enjoy free shipping to all 50 states.
Questions? Call us at 1 800-810-7790 and learn more about how Marley Drug’s unique pharmacy experience saves you time and money on all your prescriptions.