Torsemide for Hypertension and Edema
Torsemide (Demadex) is used for managing high blood pressure and edema (excess fluid) typically caused by heart failure, kidney disease, and liver disease.
Torsemide is a diuretic, also commonly referred to as “water pills.” Diuretics increase urine production to flush out excess water and salt.
- the starting dose is 5 mg per day. This may increase depending on your condition and responsiveness to the medication, however it is not likely to be more than one torsemide 10 mg tab per day.
- doses can ranging anywhere from 10 mg per to 200 mg per day depending on the type and severity of the condition.
The most common side effect of taking torsemide is frequent urination. If you are struggling with issues of frequent urination while take torsemide consider SOAANZ (torsemide), a new formulation of torsemide which release drug more slowly and may help with this problem.
Other common side effects
These side effects are mild and usually short-lived as the body adjusts to the medication. If any of the following side effect become bothersome or last more than a few days speak to your pharmacist or healthcare provider:
Serious Side Effects
These side effects are rare but could indicate serious health complications. Speak to your healthcare provider immediately if you experience any of the following:
- Dehydration: increased thirst, weakness, muscle cramps, confusion, fainting, fast/irregular heartbeats
- Signs of kidney problems: change in urine frequency/color
- Numbness in limbs
- Change in hearing
- Allergic reaction: difficulty breathing, itching/rash, swelling of face/throa
Some medications are known to affect the way torsemide works or increase your chance of side effects. Speak to your healthcare provider about any current medications and new medications you may begin taking while on torsemide.
Some medications that may interact with torsemide are:
- Other medications that treat high blood pressure or have the side effect of lowering blood pressure
- NSAIDs (e.g., ibuprofen, naproxen)
On average, torsemide 20 mg price is $21.25/month.
Get Torsemide For Less at Marley Drug
Marley Drug offers affordable torsemide online through our Wholesale Price List. Get torsemide and over a hundred other medications for as little as $5.83/month with no insurance required plus free shipping to all 50 states.
Questions? Call us at 800-810-7790 and our pharmacy team will be happy to help.